Thursday, August 1, 2013

Stuffed Baked Mushrooms

These are an old family favorite.  I remember the adults having them for H'ordeuvres when I was a child, and they always said something like, "Oh, these are so awful. You wouldn't like them at all!"  And they were right until I hit about 12.  Then I loved them and have been making them for special occasions all my adult life!

What you need:

12 large mushrooms
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 Tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs (or rice cracker crumbs if gluten-free is desired)

Remove stems from mushrooms and mince finely.
Saute minced stems with garlic in 1 Tablespoon butter for 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except remaining butter.

Stuff mushroom caps.
Place a dot of butter on top of each.

Bake for 15 minutes at 350*



No comments:

Post a Comment