Thursday, August 1, 2013

Homemade Ranch Dressing

With all the junk that is in the commercial varieties of Ranch Dressing, I just can't bring myself to buy it.  But my menfolk love it, so I went on the hunt for a DIY version and after some tweaking, this is where I landed.

Ranch Dressing

Herbs:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1 Tablespoon chives, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan or Romano cheese
1 dash hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Base:
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 dash raw apple cider vinegar

Mix all of it together with either a stick blender, a Magic Bullet or a whisk.  It doesn't mix very well if you just shake the jar. **

Stores well in the fridge.  I just put it in a glass jar with a screw top lid and it keeps for weeks.

**My stick blender is as old as the hills, and I got it second hand, but there are tons on the market out there.
I got my Magic Bullet on sale at Costco, and they can be found online or in other stores, as well.  I use my Magic Bullet just about every day.  Best kitchen appliance purchase I've made in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment