Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bounty Bowl

Thanksgiving and Christmas h'ordeuvres always included the Bounty Bowl.  The recipe came to us through the "Wine Cookbook" that was on my folks shelf for as long as I can remember.

We gather an assortment of veggies that include the following, and there are always prawns.  I get the pre-cooked ones so I don't have to mess with cooking them.

Prawns
Carrots
Celery
Peppers (green, red, yellow, orange--whichever you like)
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Cherry Tomatoes
Avocado
Sugar Snap Peas
Anything else you'd like!


Then the dip!

1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup sherry
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon grated onion
1/2 t worcestershire sauce
Salt to taste

Blend well and refrigerate.  It's better the second day, so I make mine ahead when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment