Saturday, July 6, 2013

Oven Fries

The quality of the potatoes will make a huge difference in how these come out.  I use Yukon Golds whenever I can get organics.  Potatoes are one of the things I don't buy unless they are organically grown.

Ingredients:

However many potatoes you need to feed your family or guests.
Coconut Oil
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Granules

I scrub the potatoes, dry them well and then slice them into strips that are about 1/4-3/8" thick and an inch or so wide.

Prepare your glass baking dish by lining it with parchment paper, adding some coconut oil, just enough to coat the parchment paper well, add salt, pepper and garlic granules to your taste and then pile the potatoes in there.  Mix them up, turning well to coat with coconut oil and spices.  You want as close to a single layer as you can get.  They crisp up best when they're not layered on top of each other.

Bake in a 400* oven for 90 minutes, turning about every half hour.  You can bake longer or shorter based on how crispy you like them.  My kids like them crunchy, my grandkids like them soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment