Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Debbie's Face Scrub


Scrub on the left, cream on the right.

I can't use soap on my face without great irritation and turning beet-red, so I've used this instead for years.  It's a great exfoliator, too.

Ingredients:
2 cups white Kaolin clay*
1 cup oats, ground to a rough flour
1/4 cup apricot kernel meal* (optional, it makes the mix grittier)
2 Tablespoons lavender flower powder*
2 Tablespoons rose petal powder*

Method:
Combine clay, oats, apricot kernel meal (if using), and flower powders, mixing well.
I do this by putting it in a zip-loc bag, closing it and shifting the bag back and forth until it's well combined.
It can be stored in the zip-loc bag, or in any other container you choose, glass or plastic.

*I get these ingredients at Mountain Rose Herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment